Stat counter

August 6, 2010

July Challenge: Recap

So here is my quick recap on the outcome of the July Challenge!

1. It is easier said than done. While I was home alone and the husband was away for work, this was a BREEZE! I ate pretty much whole foods, and any packaged stuff (bread, juice, etc.) was from the organics aisle. Although I am not die-hard organics, they do tend to have more basic ingredients than other processed foods.
However, when said husband was around, pizza, Chinese food and Coke reigned supreme.

2. It translated well outside of food. Since I was reading what went into my food, I also started reading my cleaning products, etc. For not much extra $$$ you can find cleaners that are made with plant-derived cleaners and no nasty, non-pronounceable chemicals. (No lungs burning while I scrubbed the tub either!)

 I would say the key takeaway is that understanding your ingredients is doable-you just need to hold your ground and not be swayed to the path of junk food...
What I loved is I found some new "go-to" products that can be grabbed without worrying about what is going into my food!

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment