Stat counter

August 6, 2010

Garden Update!

The little garden that could is just chugging away, growing right before my eyes! Other than the lettuce and spinach, there is nothing edible yet, but the plants are taking over!

Okay, I pulled out the tiniest carrot and ate it. Yum. Not quite there yet, but the one bite was fantastic!
Here is my garden during the first bit of summer-at this point I was just excited to see "bits of green" poking their way above the ground!
My sunflowers are doing very well-growing up 3/4 of the height of the fence so far-I cannot wait for their early fall blossoms!!!

The lettuce is doing very well. it was not started from seed, but rather from starter packs from the nursery. I have already gotten to enjoy this - a red leaf variety.
The spinach has really picked up, and we have been able to enjoy it as well. It keeps blooming and I am forever deadheading the blooms so it uses its energy for leaves, not flowers!
A thick patch of carrot tops! They always look so promising, only to find the carrots are itty-bitty!

What is a garden without flowers? The fuchsias in my hanging baskets love me this year! Blooms galore!

The garden is now at the point where the spaghetti squash leaves are starting to tumble onto the lawn and the pea pods are taking shape. it is so exciting, and one of the most rewarding years of gardening I have had! I will post new garden picture soon, and they will show my beautiful new siding in the background! (Full sized garden shots were sidelined by siding efforts).

Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment