Stat counter

August 10, 2010

Strawberry and raspberry fields forever...

This was a weekend for canning! I went with my neighbour out to a local u-pick, and picked strawberries and raspberries! This place, called The Jungle Farm, is absolutely amazing! The have huge fields of berries and are extremely friendly. I also picked up pickling cucumbers and dill for pickle making!
They also have rows and rows of lilies-and only $2 a stem! So for $6 I got the most gorgeous bouquet, which kept me company while I canned!

Me with my baskets of berries!

Freshly picked and ready to be canned!

Rows and rows of lilies

...in my happy place...
12 jars of raspberry and strawberry-rhubarb jam!
Dill and garlic-dill pickles...17 jars total!
All in a day's work!

So now it's your turn! How is your canning coming along?

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had a pantry so that I could do some canning. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
    I'm sure that yummy jam will help when it's -30 outside..a small reminder of summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pickles are making my mouth water.......they look amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete