Stat counter

March 30, 2012

Can It Be True?


Come and check out our new blog!

http://theecohousewives.wordpress.com


It seems like this winter has been taking forever to wrap up, even of it has been the warmest on record for 65 years (fun food fact). But I have been witness to some key signs of spring! Finally!

1. There was a massive June bug in the grocery store parking lot. Actually there were two, but someone had crushed the other one. I was tempted to do the same, but it wasn't hurting me and Mama taught me that was mean.

2. There was a dead gopher on the highway.

3. I had my first official skunk smell on the drive home. No dead body, so someone must have scared the stink right out of it but didn't finish the job. So now I can look forward to the stench of skunk on my drive home from now on...

4. The snow has melted enough for me to see the 4 months of dog poop on my backyard. That will be a treat to clean. Sounds like a job for the man of the house.

5. There are weeds...plural...in my garden. Now if only the flowers would show up.

Is it safe to say that spring is finally here???

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were nice to the bug. Perhaps he will send out the news so that all the June bugs in Carstairs will eat the naughty bugs that chew on your veggies! ha ha!!

    Why are there weeds in your garden when the snow just melted. Did you leave them over the winter?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - once October/November hit, I left them for Mother Nature to kill them off - too cold to both freezing my hands to pull them out. That'll learn me! haha!

    ReplyDelete