Stat counter

April 11, 2012

Recycling: My Confession


Come and check out our new blog!

http://theecohousewives.wordpress.com


I have a confession - it hurts to admit that someone who claims to be an "Eco-Housewife" will admit something like this, but here goes...

SOMETIMES I THROW OUT RECYCLABLES.

There it is. And it is gross! But sometimes when the kitchen is really messy, and I see the recycled all piled on the deck, and I just want to get it cleaned up, I throw stuff out. A little cardboard here, a little plastic container there. Hey, I'm not perfect, but it's just not cool. Especially since my community only picks up garbage every two weeks, I really should recycle all I can.

And then it happened! Curbside pickup! Not municipal pickup, but a local lady who charges a great rate to come by once a week to pick up my recyclables. YAY! It suits my busy lifestyle, I can stay on top of the piles of recycling building on my deck, and I can sleep better at night knowing I am lessening my landfill contribution. :)

And then I found out this happens all over the place - in my parents city in BC, in other Alberta communities. Hooray! So all you lazy recyclers have NO EXCUSES!

And I feel better having gotten all of that off my chest! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment