Stat counter

January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!!


Come and check out our new blog!

http://theecohousewives.wordpress.com


Here it is, another New Year! My plants are all either under a pile of snow, or frozen solid. Anything green or growing outside is still months away, but I still find myself dreaming of spring. In the meantime, I am excited to dive into some winter canning - those items that can be made year round. I am planning on whipping up some salsa and tomato sauce over the winter. Even though tomatoes can be grown here seasonally, I am ok with using some store bought ones to make up my own tomato sauce.

I got a new canning book for Christmas, maybe it is to blame for my renewed canning bug? My sister got me "Canning for a New Generation" by Liana Krissoff. I am in love with the bright bold pictures, the new take on old recipes, and the fact that EVERYTHING in the book can be canned using a traditional boiling method - no pressure cooker required for these recipes!

I highly recommend picking up a copy - a great way to get into canning your own food and condiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment