Stat counter

March 31, 2010

Signs of spring

Two signs of spring today:

1. My neighbour's cat is pooping on my bare flower beds again. This must mean the soil is dry enough for me to start prepping my beds! I am planning on topping all flower beds with bark mulch this year to dissuade the phantom pooper. If anyone has anti-cat turd tips, let me know! I love my neighbours that own the kitty, so I want to find kitty-friendly solutions.

2. Gary (my back neighbour) has nicely turned soil in his vegetable garden (at least it looks that way). He has an amazing yard, both flowers and veggies, so following his lead can't hurt!

3 comments:

  1. buy bare copper wire, loop it around just under the soil...then attach car battery. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some bamboo skewers and stick them into your beds spiky side up. Kitties squat when they poop, so they won't poop where it's spiky! Or put chicken wire over it, then they can't scratch and dig, and your flowers can grow through it.

    Hope those work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying bark mulch, as the neighbours all have it and their kitties use my beds instead. Plus the cedar mulch helps with bugs, and weed suppression! Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete